Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Hannah and Hailey!!!

Today was the girls birthday party and we invited a bunch of friends and family over for a splashing good time! Originally they had asked for a dolphin party and I did my best to get as many dolphin things as I could but there wasn't much out there which I found highly odd. I was able to get plates, napkins and some party favors with the dolphin theme. Unfortunately, everything else ended up in a Hawaiian luau type of party. Oh well.



Not five minutes before the party began a transformer right in front of the house blew up. I tried my best not to be a nervous wreck because of it. I was running around trying to get everything ready and was dripping with sweat on a ninety-five degree day with my electricity and no running water because we are on a well out here in a boonies. I wasn't able to fill up the second pool my friend brought over to help with kid capacity nor where the slip-n-slides very slippery without water. It stayed off for almost two hours and everyone did their best to stay cool(ish). The kids, luckily, had the pool to play in so they didn't get too hot.





After swimming for a little bit I busted out the decorate a foam fish craft. I have no idea who did or did not actually do it other than Hannah and Hailey but they enjoyed it so that's all that counts.



While some of the bigger kids went to check out the pond and try and little fishing. They had a few nibbles on their makeshift fishing poles (a stick with fruit stuck to the end of it) but they fish just weren't feeling it. The ducks got some good exercise in as well.



Then it was time for cake!




Hailey got so excited she was grinning ear to ear the entire party. You'd think that she never played with her friends before.



Then it was time to spoil the boogers with presents which they happily laid into. Everything Hailey opened she had to run over and show her Poppy. It was so funny. So, needless to say, Hannah did most of the present opening.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks like a fun birthday!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...