Tuesday, May 29, 2007

37 Weeks Pregnant and 2 Days To Go!


I can't believe it's coming so fast. I feel like I'm about to go into panic mode to get things done. I should probably get off the computer now and go do something of use. ::hehe::

Sunday, May 27, 2007

37 Weeks Pregnant - 9 Days To Go!

This is officially my last full week of pregnancy. The girls will be here in 9 days unless something drastic happens. Even though I have been dilating and having a few contractions....they have all stopped and I have had no change in nearly 2 weeks. The girls are gaining weight really well...maybe a little too well. ::hehe::

I am scheduled for a c-section next Tuesday (June 5th) at 38 weeks and 2 days.

I have one more NST and regular OB appointment on Wednesday and my last ultrasound to check the girls weights on Friday. The specialist believes that the girls will weigh about 6 1/2 lbs a piece by the appointment on Friday! They didn't expect them to be 5lbs much less due to my size and them being twins. They are doing so well!!! Then, the next Tuesday...they'll be here. I can't believe it. It's coming so fast. It doesn't seem as though I have been pregnant that long.

Friday, May 18, 2007

35 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant

I was to apologize in advance for not updating my page once things start getting heavy with my labor and after the girls are born. I already have a darn good feeling that I will probably be a good bit busier than I am now.

I am one more step closer to having my girls. Yesterday I officially passed my mucus plug which is a "collection of mucus, often tinged with blood, that blocks the cervix during pregnancy; known as the "bloody show" when discharged prior to labor." *woo hoo*

As of yesterday I was:
70% effaced - The thinning (sometimes called ripening) of the cervix in preparation for delivery. During effacement, the cervix goes from more than an inch thick to paper thin,
2 1/2 cm dilated - The opening of the cervix during labor.
-2 station - A term used to describe the location of a baby's presenting part (usually the top of the head) relative to the mother's pelvic bones during pregnancy and labor; ranges from -5 when the presenting part is at the inlet of the maternal pelvis to +5 when it is at the outlet (and delivery is imminent).

Sunday, May 13, 2007

34 Weeks and 6 Days Pregnant

On Saturday night, right after Mother's Day dinner at with family, I went to the hospital because I was having contractions. They had started Friday night at about 8:30 p.m. but I didn't know if I wanted to go to the hospital so I waited.

We got there at about 7:45 p.m. or so on Saturday. I was having pretty steady contractions, was dilated to 2 cm, and my cervix was still. The doctor wanted me to wait in triage for two hours and then recheck me to see if the contractions were making me dilate me any more. At about 9:30 p.m. or so the nurse came back and rechecked me. I was still only 2 cm but I shortened about half in length. They sent me home. I was nervous about having them that day but I was kinda sad when they said I had to go home. Unfortunately, the contractions weren't hard enough even though they were/are coming regularly. I know it's all for the best. The nurse said that she thinks they may be here within the next few weeks. The contractions are still coming...I'm just having to wait for them to get a lot stronger.

Friday, May 11, 2007

34 Weeks Pregnant

I had my possible last and final ultrasound today. The girls are great and HUGE (for twins of their gestational age)! H1 is 5lb 2oz and H2 is 5lb 7oz. They are perfect and the doctor says that they even have a little bit of hair already.

I've had a few contractions here and there and it just makes me to excited to know they will be here so soon! So much to do and so little time.

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Another 33 Weeks Update

We went to the doctor today and she says that everything is going well. The contractions have stopped and there is nothing to worry about.

The game plan is as such:

As of today (33 weeks )if I start having any painful contractions before Mother's Day I will go to the hospital and they will stop them. So, I have two weeks until she will feel comfortable that they are grown enough and their lungs are mature enough to be born.

After Mother's Day (35 weeks), if I go into labor, she will go ahead and deliver the girls. She wants me to go into labor naturally but I will still have to have a c-section because both girls are breech.

If the girls have not been born before June 3rd (38 weeks) she will schedule a c-section unless I object for any reason.

33-34 weeks - stop all labor
35-37 weeks - in labor begins they will be born
38 weeks - the girls will be delivered if not born already.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...