Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lady Troubles

*Please be aware that since moving the website I will be trying to base more posts about my life and my experiences as a mother. This is no longer just a blog for news of the children but my own personal blog.*

 

I will be going to the doctor today to get my results for tests I’ve had to do the past few weeks. I’ve been having more issues with my reproductive organs lately and we’re looking for answers. I have not been ovulating and have been menstruating non-stop for nearly five months now! Before that I hadn’t had any menstruation at all for about six months. I am not only worried that it is something serious and that one of my previous issues have returned but I am also worried about how that is going is going to effect my ability to have more children when we are ready.

Starting from the time I hit puberty at 13 I’ve had problems with my cycles. My periods were always extremely irregular with made me a nervous wreck a majority of the time at school because I never knew when it would start. It’s every girls nightmare to has an accident at school! At 16 I was put onto low dose birth control pills to try and regular cycles and help with the pain that I had with menstruation. The pills never really6a00d834515c5b69e200e5516ec1b18833-640wi helped much and my periods were still pretty irregular and the pain I experienced were increasing.

About the year after I started the pills I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts which explained why the pain I was experiencing was getting worse. This diagnoses was confirmed after I had to have surgery to remove my appendix when I was attacked by appendicitis. The doctor had to search around my abdomen for any pieces that were floating around after my appendix ruptured and located the cysts and noticed that one had recently ruptured. Since we now knew why I was I was in such pain I was switched to a higher dose birth control pill to help curb the creation on the cysts. The higher doses of hormones help to not only regulate menstruation, stop ovulation but also helps keep cysts from forming.

Several years past, I was 20, and I started to have more pain that was in a different location. After running a few tests the doctor was pretty certain that I had endometriosis and suggested that she go in and do a laparoscopic surgery to check everything out and remove any endometrium she found. When she got in she was able to find some endometrium and removed it. Roughly a year after my surgery I became pregnant with my girls and things seemed to adjust themselves out after their birth.

Everything was fine until last year when my periods started to become irregular again. Over the past few weeks we have done blood tests, cultures and a (very intense) ultrasound to try and get some ideas as to what it going on. Right now she is thinking that it will more than likely be one of two things, my hormone levels are extremely off or that there is some physical issue with my organs. I think the worst part of all of this is that I don’t have insurance and have not had any in nearly four years. I’ve already paid a ton of money for all the tests to be done. I am, of course, praying that it is just hormonal because that would be a much easier thing to fix. If there is something else wrong I may have to have surgery again and if I have to have surgery I may have a nervous breakdown. I will let you know what happens when I get home.

2 comments:

BritneyMarie said...

I had no idea! I hate to hear all that. But even if you guys can't have any more children, you've got two great ones already so that's a plus. Here's hoping everything turns out alright.

Unknown said...

Oh no!!! I'm praying for you! Let me know if I can do anything to help you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...