Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Buying Clothes is Ridic

Trying to find clothing is ridiculous! I’ve been searching for a pair of jean shorts for quite some time and my search has been in vain until today. It doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult but the way that people design clothing anymore is it any wonder that the majority of our teenagers look like prostitutes? Everything is low cut with a high inseam with holes and riped seams.

I went to a major department store today and was, yet again, appalled by what they were trying to sell as shorts in the juniors department. They are not shorts…they are denim underpants!!! Most of what I saw looked like the photo below.

image
Seriously…..these look like they need to be tossed out because they’ve been demolished and turned into Daisy Dukes!

Let me be clear on one thing that makes this even more difficult. I wear a smaller size which they sell in both the juniors and misses areas. I will not complain that I’m no longer a size zero but I have a very hard time finding pants that actually fit whether they be pants or shorts due to the size. All juniors clothes are made for girls who have not had children. My twin bearing hips no longer appreciate them. On the other hand most misses clothing are geared towards the 40 plus set and are too flowy for my shape. There is really not a good selection of clothing for people like me. Women who are still on the small size (yes, yes…hate me now) AND who want clothing that look appropriate for a mother.

These are the styles of “shorts” I found in the misses section. One half have an elastic waist ands and the other half are bermuda size not shorts at all!

imageimage

I was finally able to find one pair. They are Lee and have a good bit of stretch to them which is great so that they don’t fit too snug and they are not too short and not too long. I am SO excited to wear them and not look like a street walker!

image

1 comment:

BritneyMarie said...

The shorts you wore at the girls party were cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...