Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Schedule

We are in the midst of summer break and we are gearing up for a ton of fun around here. This is the first year that the girls are old enough to do anything and I am taking full advantage of it. I know that once they start school that I won’t let summer get too busy so I figured that just once we’d do a lot of activities. I actually had to buy a planner for the first time since I was in school myself because we have so much planned. Let us not pretend that looking at those full boxes on the calendar doesn’t make me palpitate just a little. We have five major things we are doing in the next two months as well as quite a few birthday parties (that are planned so far) and playdates! Swimming lessons for an hour three days a week, ballet and tap for an hour once a week, dance camp four hours per day for one week, music camp three hours per day for one week and vacation Bible school two hours per day for one week. *Whew*

If that isn’t enough to freak me out I don’t know what it is but it is all for a good reason. The girls have never been away from home for any school or daycare and the idea of them going cold turkey to preschool in August is scary not just for me but for them as well. They’ve already voiced some apprehension so I’m doing what I can to help foster a love of activities out of the house before they are thrust into the outside world full time. Now, don’t get me wrong, they have already done a few outside activities including a year of creative movements class and MOPS  not to mention Sunday School at our church (which is the same place they go to MOPS and will go to preschool) but that was for thirty minutes a week and an hour or so every other week versus school three to five hours per day five days a week. They are extremely excited for all their summer fun and ask me nearly everyday when they can start.
“Mommy, where are you going in the morning?”

1 comment:

BritneyMarie said...

Wow. That is an intense schedule for the summer! The girls will have a lot of fun. We have a few things planned here and there. Mostly swimming...and mostly at Grammie's :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...