Sunday, May 13, 2007

34 Weeks and 6 Days Pregnant

On Saturday night, right after Mother's Day dinner at with family, I went to the hospital because I was having contractions. They had started Friday night at about 8:30 p.m. but I didn't know if I wanted to go to the hospital so I waited.

We got there at about 7:45 p.m. or so on Saturday. I was having pretty steady contractions, was dilated to 2 cm, and my cervix was still. The doctor wanted me to wait in triage for two hours and then recheck me to see if the contractions were making me dilate me any more. At about 9:30 p.m. or so the nurse came back and rechecked me. I was still only 2 cm but I shortened about half in length. They sent me home. I was nervous about having them that day but I was kinda sad when they said I had to go home. Unfortunately, the contractions weren't hard enough even though they were/are coming regularly. I know it's all for the best. The nurse said that she thinks they may be here within the next few weeks. The contractions are still coming...I'm just having to wait for them to get a lot stronger.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...