Friday, May 18, 2007

35 Weeks and 5 Days Pregnant

I was to apologize in advance for not updating my page once things start getting heavy with my labor and after the girls are born. I already have a darn good feeling that I will probably be a good bit busier than I am now.

I am one more step closer to having my girls. Yesterday I officially passed my mucus plug which is a "collection of mucus, often tinged with blood, that blocks the cervix during pregnancy; known as the "bloody show" when discharged prior to labor." *woo hoo*

As of yesterday I was:
70% effaced - The thinning (sometimes called ripening) of the cervix in preparation for delivery. During effacement, the cervix goes from more than an inch thick to paper thin,
2 1/2 cm dilated - The opening of the cervix during labor.
-2 station - A term used to describe the location of a baby's presenting part (usually the top of the head) relative to the mother's pelvic bones during pregnancy and labor; ranges from -5 when the presenting part is at the inlet of the maternal pelvis to +5 when it is at the outlet (and delivery is imminent).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...