Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Night In The Big Girl Bed

This evening the girls asked if they could sleep in the big girl bed. I didn't think that even for a moment they'd actually fall asleep but I decided that it was worth a try. They laid down side by side at the head of the bed, I gave them their kisses and then turned out the light. I was shocked that I didn't hear a ton of talking and giggling like I normally do. I was expecting them to come waltzing down the hallway at any moment. About thirty minutes passed and I went to check in on them and I came to find two beautiful sleeping angels.



Hailey was a little too close to the end for my comfort so I picked her up and moved her to the foot of the bed. I just sat and watched them for a few moments in awe at how peaceful they were and how proud I was of them for falling asleep so well.



I wish I could say they slept through the night in the bed but they did not. I was not too keen on them staying all night without a bolster and was also worried about the hyjinkx they would come up with if left to their own devises if they awoke in the middle of the night. So now, my sweet angels, are tucked back peacefully into their cribs. I want them to be my big girls...but not quite yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...