Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!

In our house most of our toys are pink, glittery, princess and fluffy except for one…our train set. The girls love toy trains! I, myself, have always had a fascination for trains as well so it’s only fitting that they would too. Although we love trains in our house we have never had the good timing to actually see one at a train crossing. While most people get annoyed when they are held up at a train and hope that the little bars don’t come down I have been saying a little prayer each time we started to approach one that we would actually get to see one. Yesterday my prayers were answered!

IMG01637-20101102-1715

As I saw it approaching I rolled all the windows down in the car and the girls could hear the rumbling coming down the tracks. The train conductor blew his horn several times and they both just laughed and laughed. They were surprised at how big it was and how much wind it was making even though it was going relatively slow. The wind was being whipped through the car and Hannah’s hair was going everywhere. As loud as the train was Hannah begged to have me put her window up. She still really loved seeing the train but the sound was just a little too much for her. Hailey just smiled and did her “happy giggle” the entire length of the train. IMG01639-20101102-1716

As the train rolled through the trees the girls had a lot of great questions for me and I was more than happy to answer them all. I am so glad that they were finally able to see a real life train in action!

IMG01638-20101102-1715

2 comments:

Mrs. Blimes said...

Oh I so wish my baby boy could see one soon! When ever he hears the whistle of one from our backyard he totally freaks out! I think if he could actually see it he'd love it!

Adorable blog and kiddos btw!!!

Jessica said...

My kids all love trains too, we finally saw one not too long ago and now everyone gets upset when we pass that spot and there isn't a train, I can't win :)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...