Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree–Oh Christmas Tree!

IMAG0110

We put up the Christmas tree when the girls the came home from their Dad’s house Saturday afternoon. We have a fake tree because I’m allergic to real trees and prefer not to spend the entire season of advent. I popped our new 6 1/2 foot pre-lit Colorado pine tree out of the box, put it together, plugged in the lights and let the girls pull out the ornament. I did my best to try and keep them from reeking havoc on the ornaments especially since a few of the older ones are ceramic and breakable. We pulled out the ornaments one-by-one and the girls sorted them all out by type and if they needed hangers on them. I call the hangers “hooks” which may or may not have been a good idea because the girls started calling them “hookers”. Yes, that’s right there was a lot of “Mommy, this Barbie is missing her hooker.” “Santa has a big hooker!” “Mommy, where do you buy the hookers?” “That’s a whole lotta hookers in that box!”  It took every once of strength for Stephen and I not to die laughing.

IMAG0118

Hannah was a complete ham when the camera came out. She wanted to pose with each and every ornament. (Please don’t mind her crazy hair. She had her hair in a ponytail but she started wallering around and got it all goobered up right before we started pictures.) She had to pose by the house ornament in, then the snowman, then one of the Barbie ornaments and then pretended to be surprised at the the lights. She cracks me up. I got all of one photo of Hailey but it’s of the back of her head as she ran from me because she, for once, was being camera shy.

IMAG0120IMAG0123IMAG0121IMAG0122

Each year I get an ornament for the girls the same that my Mom did for me. Their first Christmas they got the obligatory “Baby’s 1st Christmas” ornament and the second they received the Hallmark edition 2nd Christmas bear. This year I wanted to get them something that represented their likes and dislikes instead of something cutesy. They have been obsessed with Disney princesses and fairys lately so the Cinderella and Tinkerbell ornaments were an obvious choice. They got to open up the box, but on the hangers and place them at the front of the tree.

IMAG0124IMAG0125

Now it’s time for Mommy to start getting those presents wrapped! Wish me luck.

IMAG0114-1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...