Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ladybugs’s Ouchy

My sweet Bug got her first stitches this week. She banged her head in her bedroom and it made a cut that looked like a T right below her right eyebrow by her nose and took off a good small portion of skin under her eye by her nose. She only cried for a moment but I think because both Butterfly and I stayed calm it really helped (and I didn’t let her go look into the mirror like she wanted to.) There was a pretty good bit of blood just due to where the cut was. I got it stopped pretty quickly and she did a great job of holding the towel on while I searched for the phone. I wasn’t able to get a hold of anyone at first but right as I was about to call her Aunt Tes called me. Her and her adorable family were not far away and come by to help me determine whether I should go up to the Urgent Care.
5778696026_23e711196d
Aunt Tes helped me get the girls up and in the car and to the hospital. Luckily I live five minutes away from the hospital which helps my anxiety levels. When they called us back Aunt Tes was able to stay with Butterfly in the waiting room while we got Ladybug’s initial check in complete. They weighed her in at a whopping 36.5 lbs, she had no temp but she was scared out of her mind. She kept asking for her sister and they let Aunt Tes and Butterfly back soon after. As soon as they came in they had Ladybug lay down and gently put some numbing gel on the area to prep it. She was not a happy camper but Butterfly was great and held her hand the entire time.

A few minutes later the doctor came back in with the suture tray and draped Buggy with a sheet. I was shocked at how amazing she did. Not a muscle was moved as the doctor patiently and and precisely (she was AMAZING!) sutured her back up. She received four stitches and was happy as a peach as soon as she was done. They put a small bandage on it to keep her from picking at it while it was still numb and she and Butterfly both got to pick out a Hannah Montana sticker.

5778696882_b19f1b52be_b

She’s healing quickly and looks wonderfully beautiful stitches and all!

IMG_3672 - Copy

1 comment:

mrs.izzy said...

what a brave little girl she is!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...