Monday, May 9, 2011

My Third Mother's Day

Mother's Day has never been a good day for me since becoming a mother. It brings up some tough times and memories. This year was no exception unfortunately until the end.

With the girls being with their dad on Sunday it was very strange. The house was quite and clean(ish) and I got to sleep in until 9! But it was depressing without them. Stephen did what he could to help cheer me up and made a valiant effort. About noon I had a bad phone call that just took me from sad to upset and it took everything I had not to let it all overwhelm my emotions.

Luckily Ryan brought the girls home early! So we hopped in the car and went to see Stephen's parents and to do a little fishing. The girls cheered me right up with their love and then getting to see the family and get my mind off things was great. The ladies loved helping Stephen fish (while mommy enjoyed sitting in the shade) and finding dandy. lions. But don't call them dandy infront of Hannah because she'll correct you quickly. "They are CANDY lions Mama!"


At the end of it all I was just happy to tuck my sweet girls in bed and dream the day away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...