Friday, March 21, 2008

Loving Their Personalities

The girls are growing more quickly everyday is seems. H2 is officially cruising now (video to come!) Her new favorite thing is go from one end of the sectional sofa to the other which is by no means a small feat for someone who is just starting out. She amazed me every day with her courage and determination. She is not scared of anything and I definitely see some skydiving, bungee jumping, or possibly cliff diving (though now without me...I want to go cliff diving too!) in her future. Every time she falls she never cries she just simply shakes it off and goes again. She is such a trooper. Sometimes I look at her with her little bruise on her cheek from a resent tumble and wish I could be that brave.

Now H1, on the other hand, is by no means as eager as H2. Every time she takes even the smallest of bumps she's down for the count. She can be crawling along, miss place her hand, and as soon as her noggin' touches the ground the tears erupt. She just lays there looking at you so defeated. Honestly, it is hilarious. She's such a wonderful actress she could easy win an award. As soon as you go to her side she is all smiles and all is right in the world.

It's amazing to see the differences in these two little girls who look so much alike. Twins truly prove that everyone is an individual and that you are who you are! No matter how much anyone could try they will never be anyone but themselves and they can never replace each other.

It is also how strange how you can love two people who are so completely different the same amount. Most parents worry that they won't be able to love one child as much as the next but when it comes to parents of multiples that fear is much more profound. All through my pregnancy I worried that I would take a liking to one girl more than the other. I was scared that my personality would clash with one or the other and that I wouldn't have the same bond with her as I would her sister and for awhile after they were born that fear continued as we began to see who they were and how their personalities differed. It is funny how it all works. There were days in the beginning when on Monday I got along better with H2 and then Tuesday I got along better with H1. As they've gotten older though and I know who they are my love for them has grown considerably and there is not a single inkling of favoritism. I both love and like them the exact same; which I never would have thought could be possible.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...