Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Camp

After our final performances of the week.
This past week the girls attended their respective summer camps. It was the first time they have been separated for any length of time and as much as I knew they'd be fine I couldn't have known just how well. They've never truly been apart and I was nervous for them but they proved to me that they are stronger then they look both emotionally and physically.

Butterfly went to ballet camp with about seven other little girls. Normally in a "twins together" situation she is the most outgoing, pretty bossy and is normally the first to speak to new people but alone it was a different story. She was relativity quiet the entire week and I honestly believe that because she didn't have her sissy there, as a crutch to show how everyone else how she can dominate her, that she didn't know that to do with herself. She was also the smallest (but not the youngest) in her class which I don't think helped her. As the week went on she come out of her shell a little bit and really learned a ton.

LadyBug on the other hand shined like a star all week long! Her personality exploded as did her skills as a tumbler. She was both the youngest in her class by a year (the oldest being seven) and the smallest in terms of stature but you would have never guessed it seeing her run out to meet her new friends. I was a bit shocked at first but I am so glad she chose to do cheerleading by herself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...