Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thirty Day Challenge–Day 8

When I was in the second grade I transferred from a private Christian school to go to public school and it was two weeks away from the end of the school term. No one wants to make their child change schools to abruptly in the school year but we were left with no choice. It was time to clean up outside one day at my private school and I was the assigned person to put all the kickballs back into the small utility shed beside the playground. As a placed the final balls into the shelves I heard the door close behind me and when I went to push the door to open it I realized that it was locked. The door could only be opened from the outside and I was trapped inside in the blistering heat of May in Florida. I heard all of the other kids get quieter and began to call out for help but there was no longer anyone there to hear me. I sat in my pretty blue dress, in the heat, alone for over an hour and no one realized I was gone. After all that time one of the Physical Education teachers had just happened to come out to check on the shed and found me.

I ran back to my classroom deathly afraid that I would be in trouble for not being there. As it turns out my teacher had not even noticed I was gone! When I explained to her what happened she put my name on the board (as punishment) and went about the rest of class. During a social time two boys came up to my and told me that they had intentionally closed me in the shed. I told the teacher but she did nothing about it and they did not get into trouble even after admitting their act to her. As it turned out one of the two boys was the Pastor at the schools son. When my Mom came to pick me up from school that day I explained everything to her and she went in to speak with my teacher. I was not in the room when they spoke but I could tell that something was wrong whenever my Mom came out of the room upset, grabbed my hand and we walked straight to the principals office. She demanded to speak to the principal. It seems that no one was able to tell her why no one noticed my absence from class for such a long period of time, why she was not told about the incident by the teacher or why I was reprimanded while the boys were not. She called my Father to the school and everything from that point was beyond my understanding at the time.

I went back to school the next day and was treated badly by my teacher. She proceeded to grill me about what I told my parents about the incident in front of the entire class and had to continuously interact with both of the boys. I burst into tears in the middle of class and was reprimanded for it. After explaining to my parents what had transpired that day and them finding no help from the school with either the boys or the teachers behavior they found it was best that I leave the school immediately. I was out of classes for about a week while they had me registered into public school.

I have spoken to both of the boys since we have graduated from school. The Pastors son still to this day refuses to say that what he did was hurtful towards me and still finds it funny. The other, on the other hand, has apologized to me and we became friends in our adult lives and stay in touch via Facebook.

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like poopy.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28: What if you were pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...