Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An Eventful Day

We had quite an eventful day. The girls slept all through the night again (Yeah!) and woke up at 9am on the dot. I still find it absolutely amazing how in sync and perfectly on schedule they are. So, we dressed, ate breakfast, and headed out the door. Our first stop was the medical records department of the hospital. You see, when the girls had their footprints taken and ID bracelets removed they were put onto their "Newborn ID" sheet and we never got a copy of it. Ick! So, I hauled my butt up there and got them. They charge you a dollar per sheet of paper for medical copies but it is all worth it. Although I would have LOVED to have the original or had made one just for us, at that point I was still in my delivery fog. So, we officially have footprints! I've already made another copy and posted them in their baby books.

Our second stop was to visit Doodle (my mom). She works across the street at the girls pediatrician's office as a nurse. She walks across the street every day to each lunch at a little dinner with her friend and co-worker Connie. We went over and joined them for lunch. It was nice to see Ms. Connie (her granddaughter was one of my flower girls and her husband performed our wedding ceremony) and visit with my Mom for a minute. The girls enjoyed it too.

Our last stop was to the store to get formula. It gets expense fast with two babies. We go through easily a can every two or three days. They only take 4 to 41/2oz of milk every three hours so it's not too much of a strain financially yet. Luckily they aren't one of those babies who each 7oz at two months! And even though they don't take much at a time they are still chunky munkys. We're home now and the girls are napping in their swings (they weren't having the crib today.) I need to do some house cleaning. My house is a literal disaster. There is so much to do and my time is very limited. I don't just need a maid...I need magic.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...