Friday, May 9, 2008

We've Made It

We made it here safe, sound, and still sane! The girls did pretty well in the car with the exception of not wanting to sleep. They napped for maybe thirty minutes on the way down. They got a little fussy but Grandma was able to keep them occupied and content. We arrived in town at about 1:30p and ran some errands before getting to my Aunt's house. We went by the bank (to cash my much needed paycheck), to the drug store for some diapers and wipes, and through a drive-thru for some much needed nourishment. When we got here I fed the girls, changed them and put them immediately down for a nap. They slept for about two hours. When they woke up it was time to go to a picnic lunch for my cousins oldest two to celebrate the end of the lacrosse season. Now, if you asked me, H1 and H2 what lacrosse was at this point we would probably tell you a game with a stick, a ball, hot dogs and some jammin tunes. At the picnic they had a DJ playing music and the girls were both rocking out. I definitely need to get myself in-check and catch them on video! It is so funny! Once we got home the girls got a nice warm bath and went off to sleep. As soon as their little heads hit the mattress they were out like lights...as I probably should be now.

I must also mention two things. 1) H1 should be getting tooth number three any day now! So, keep your fingers crossed she doesn't teeth to bad while we're here. 2) H2 signed a new word on the drive down. She signed "more"! They are just amazing!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast!! Hope you have a safe trip home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...