Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Of Photo Folders and Sleep

I have been trying to sort through my photos lately and get them organized because the photo folder on my computer is a big, huge, giant mess. Oof! As soon as I get it done I will have more to post but right now I'm having some technical difficulties.

Lately the girls had been having some serious sleep issues. They went one day a few weeks ago being awake for over 27+ hours! No naps, no night time sleep, no nothing...it was ridiculous. Let's just say Mommy was a complete zombie. Luckily this week I started doing something, a little controversial, but extremely effective for the girls. I started closing their door so they couldn't get out. They have been falling asleep in a matter of an hour (instead of the usual 4 hours!) and have been sleeping completely through the night. No waking up with bad dreams, no fussing in the middle of the night for drinks just good old fashioned restful sleep for everyone. I was really worried at first that they would not like being locked in their room or that they'd get scared and was ready to scratch the whole idea as quickly as I got it but I was proven wrong. They even told me "Mommy, big girls sleep with their door closed!" I am both shocked and grateful, oh, and did I mention rested! Let's hope that they keep sleeping and this isn't just a fluke.


Hannah and Hailey in their beds all snug as bugs in a rug.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...